Dear old Dad, Father, Papa, Daddy, Pops, Stepdad – whatever you call the man who raised you, he helped to shape the person you are today. Dads are known for offering sage advice to their progeny, and yours was probably no exception. This week, in honor of Father’s Day, we’re taking a look at fatherly wisdom from famous (and some not-so-famous) men. As you read these pearls, take note of how relevant they are to sales, although many weren’t intended in the context of sales or even business.
So without further ado, I offer you the wise words of many men throughout history; peppered among these, you’ll also find gems from the fathers of some of my colleagues.
Believing in Yourself (Remember this Sales Tip?)
- Never say, “I can’t.” – Phillip’s father
- Don’t worry about what everyone else is thinking, because they’re too busy worrying about themselves to really think about you. – Cary Grant
Thinking positively (This Sales Tip, too?)
- Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. – Abraham Lincoln
- Nothing is good or bad, but thinking makes it so. – Shakespeare
- Don’t order steak from a seafood house and don’t order seafood from a steak house. – Chris’ father
- Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there. – Will Rogers
- Do what you love, but always have a backup plan/second career. – Ken’s father
- There is no future in any job. The future lies in the man who holds the job. – George Crane
- Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. – Napoleon Hill (Revisit this Sales Tips)
- Never, never, never, never give up. – Winston Churchill
- Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
- Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. – William Feather
- One man with courage is a majority. – Andrew Jackson
- Behold the turtle. He makes progress only when he sticks his neck out. – James B. Conant
- Either you stay in the shallow end of the pool, or you go out in the ocean. – Christopher Reeve
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anyone else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. – Henry Ward Beecher
- Well done is better than well said. – Ben Franklin
- Always be a little kinder than necessary. – James M. Barrie
- Do everything you can for others. Some may not deserve it, but treating them well may remind them to strive to be worthy. – Wendy’s father
- There is no experience better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up. – John Andrew Holmer
- I will speak ill of no man, and speak all the good I know of everybody. – Ben Franklin
- This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible value to him. – William Lyon Phelps
- A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds. – Francis Bacon
- In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity. – Albert Einstein
I hope that at least some of these quotes have inspired you; perhaps you’ll even make one your personal motto. And don’t forget to thank dear old Dad this Sunday for the wisdom he imparted to you – after all, you turned out pretty well, didn’t you?
Sales Focus Inc. Pioneered the Sales Outsourcing Industry and has the most effective and proven process S.O.L.D.™ in the industry. Our process has been implemented in many Fortune 500 companies along with small and mid-sized organizations in all industries.
Building Intelligent Sales Solutions has been our only focus since we pioneered the Sales Outsourcing industry in 1998. Sales Focus Inc., (SFI) has generated well over $10B in revenue for our clients, utilizing our repeatable S.O.L.D.™ process, which allows you and us to build dedicated sales teams focused on growing small & large companies alike.
Intelligent Sales Solutions
Focusing on client acquisition, building and launching dedicated sales teams on a national level, all while reducing the cost of sales is what makes Sales Focus Inc. (SFI) unique. We create repeatable and sustainable business processes designed to bring sales results in a short period of time. SFI is able to provide a dedicated sales team across the country or across the globe to meet the needs of each individual client. Our sales representatives are thoroughly trained using our Sales Master Training Program for both tactical and strategic solution based selling. Sales Focus Inc. is committed to providing our clients constant sales intelligence in the form of daily, weekly and monthly reports, allowing for our clients to own the customers. Whether our outsourced sales teams are feet on the street or inside sales, Sales Focus Inc. is committed to driving down the cost of sales, generating immediate revenue and building “Intelligent Sales Outsourcing Solutions”.
To find how we can build a team of Sales Hunters for your Business visit us at www.salesfocusinc.com or call 410-442-5600.