Outsourced sale is a strategy that many businesses are turning to these days. It’s not just the big companies, either – small and medium-size businesses are also looking for help in this area. Why? Sales is one of those areas where it can be difficult to find someone with all of the necessary skill set, expertise, and drive to succeed at the job. When you outsource your sales department, you get access to an entire team of outside experts who will work together on growing your business.
How Outsourced Sales Improve The Overall Sales Process?
Outsourced sales professionals have the opportunity to learn from each client. This is a great way for them to find out what works and what doesn’t work with their particular target market, so they can pass along tips and pointers that will help you succeed. Outsourced sales also allow you to focus on other areas of your business while still generating revenue. In addition, you can quickly and easily switch sales professionals if they don’t work out or aren’t a good fit for your company.
Challenges Of In-House Sales Team
- Limited Time: A full-time sales team requires an investment of your complete focus and attention. If you are already busy with other things, it may be difficult to give all the necessary attention to a new hire or even maintaining your current staff. This could lead to hiring mistakes which will cost money in terms of training, missed opportunities due to lack of attention, and unhappy customers due to poor service.
- No Expertise: A company can quickly find themselves in over their head with both the technical intricacies as well as the inside knowledge that is required for a successful sales team. You may not be able to provide your new hire with all of the training they need or expect them to simply know how to close a sale without any previous experience.
- Limited Employee Options: As your business grows, you may find that the services of an in-house sales team no longer meet your needs, and it is time for you to look into outsourced sales. This will allow you to continue growing while freeing up some of your own valuable time.
Which Companies Can Benefit From Outsourced Sales?
Outsourced sales are not for everyone. Only companies with a product or service that requires in-depth explanation will benefit from the outsourced sales approach. Typically, business-to-business (B to B) products and services are more suited than consumer goods because of their complexity and pricing flexibility. The following businesses can all see benefits by outsourcing their sales:
- Companies with a new product line that needs to be presented and explained. The company can focus on getting its existing business off the ground while outsourcing these presentations to an experienced team of reps who know the trade show circuit inside and out.
- Companies without in-house sales teams or training programs will often seek help in building their sales team. After all, with so many reps to choose from in the market today, it is an easy choice for companies to outsource training and recruiting of new talent.
- Companies with barriers to entry or high capital requirements are likely candidates for outsourced sales services because they need help penetrating markets where large businesses already rule the roost.
- Companies with already successful products that are looking to expand their business into new markets or countries can benefit by outsourcing sales because they have the bandwidth and expertise needed to break through established barriers of entry.
Benefits of Outsourced Lead Generation
- Time and Cost Savings- Outsourced lead generation can save you time and money. If there is no need to recruit, interview, hire and train new employees for your sales team, taking on outsourced providers will save you from all of these tasks.
- Reduced Risks- With outsourced lead generation, you can reduce the risk of new hires not being a good fit for your company, and there is no need to weather through the process of training onboarding them.
- Higher Quality Leads- An outsourcing firm has access to more leads than most small businesses. These firms have networks that they use on a daily basis, and they know where the best leads are.
- Market Expertise- An outsourcing firm is constantly monitoring new trends in the industry. They know what’s working and where, allowing them to create a lead generation campaign that maximizes ROI for your business.
- Improved Performance- Outsourcing lead generation often comes with regular reporting. This allows you to monitor the progress of your campaign and make adjustments as needed.
- Safe Business Growth- Outsourcing lead generation allows you to take on new clients without taking the time or making an effort to find and recruit employees.
- Access to New Markets- An outsourced firm can help your company expand its reach by providing leads for new markets. These firms have access to a wide range of potential customers all over the globe.
How To Decide If Your Business Needs Outsourced Sales?
The concept of outsourced sales comes with its own pros and cons that must be evaluated. The opportunities provided by outsourced sales significantly outweigh the drawbacks. However, businesses still need to understand the challenges that may impact their business negatively.
In Most Cases, Outsourced Sales Teams Are Not Full-time
Most of the outsourced sales resources are hired for a particular project. Conglomerates generally hire their own sales teams and processes over time. This is because, for bigger companies, it doesn’t make sense to invest in outsourcing. On the other, this drawback is not for start-ups as they generally don’t have an experienced sales team. Instead of spending their limited budget on hiring and training the sales team, they choose outsourcing which saves money and effort.
Mismatched Sales Methodologies
Outsourced sales add value to your sales projects and can help in the growth of your marketing efforts. But the drawback lies in the kind of methodologies these providers use. The sales team within the firm may develop strategies over time to produce the desired result. On the other hand, outsourced sales teams tend to apply various tactics. And sometimes, they may not align with the methodologies that already exist in the company. To overcome this pitfall, it is important for both parties to understand each other’s approach and then move forward.
Choosing The Right Outsourced Sales Services
Following are the right outsourced sales services:
- Determine Your Needs- Make sure you determine your needs before hiring an outsourced sales company. If you are not clear with what exactly you need to hire, then it is better to avoid the hassle and delay in getting the work done properly. It would also be very difficult for them to understand how they can help if they don’t know about your business.
- Speciality- The next thing you need to consider is whether the outsourced sales company has experience in selling your product or services. If they are experienced, then it would be easier for them to convince people to buy your products and eventually grow your business. It won’t make sense if a telemarketer who specializes in mortgages takes on insurance sales.
Outsourced sales bring a lot of growth potential to companies. However, it is important for firms to evaluate the business needs prior to investing in outsourced sales services.